The Saïd Foundation Oxford Scholarships are the continuation of a long-standing partnership between the University of Oxford and the Saïd Foundation which has supported students from the Middle East to study at Oxford since 1984.
The scholarship will cover 100% of University and college fees, a grant for living costs (of at least £14,553), and flights (home-UK/UK-home) at the start and end of your course. Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
You must be applying to start a new full-time master's or DPhil course at Oxford.
You must be of Jordanian, Lebanese, Palestinian or Syrian nationality and ordinarily resident in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Palestine or Israel. You should be intending to return to one of the Saïd Foundation’s target countries (Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Syria) on completion of your course of study in order to apply your new skills and knowledge. If you have any queries about this eligibility criterion, please contact the scholarship manager at Oxford.
Applicants will be assessed on their potential to become leaders and innovators of change and on academic merit. Priority will be given to:
- Candidates living permanently in one of the Foundation's target countries, the Foundation will however consider Syrians residing elsewhere due to current circumstances in Syria.
- Candidates who have not previously had the opportunity to study outside of their home country.
- Candidates who can demonstrate that their subject will enable them to contribute to the development of their home country.
- For DPhil applications, priority will be given to candidates who hold a teaching post at a university in their home country and who can clearly demonstrate the need for the proposed research in their home country.
How to Apply
In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must:
(1) Apply to the Saïd Foundation by 01 November 2017.
(2) Submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline for your course (8 January or 19 January 2018). See the Courses page for the deadline applicable to your course.
To be eligible for consideration for this scholarship, applicants must be successful in being offered a place on their course after consideration of applications received by the relevant January deadline for the course.
To read the full details about these scholarships, please visit www.ox.ac.uk